Pumpkin Mousse Pie
This article has not been rated yet.
8 to 10 servings
A perfect Pumpkin Mousse Pie makes for a perfect Thanksgiving!
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream , softened
- 1 cup pumpkin purée , homemade or canned (if canned, use pure pumpkin, not pie filling)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 9-in. graham cracker crumb pie shell , (store-bought)
- whipped cream , for garnish, if desired
- Scoop the softened ice cream into the graham cracker crust and spread out in an even layer on the bottom. It’s OK if it’s a little lumpy. Place in the freezer and let freeze until the ice cream is firm again – about 1 hour.
- In a bowl, stir together the pumpkin pur’e, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger and nutmeg. In another bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff. With rubber scraper or spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture until combined.
- Remove the ice-cream-filled crust from the freezer and spoon the pumpkin mixture over the top, spreading it to the edges and making patterns on the top with a fork. Return to the freezer and let freeze until firm – about 2 hours. Unless you plan to serve it immediately, wrap the pie in foil or plastic wrap until ready to serve. Take pie out of freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, decorate the top with dollops of whipped cream.