Pear tarte tatin
This article has not been rated yet.
Recipe : Sarah and Murray Bancroft
4 to 6
, peeled and quartered
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Melt sugar with water in a heavy, oven-proof 9-in. pan, until dark caramel.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and butter.
- Arrange pear pieces in pan in a fanned circle shape, making sure to fill in all the space.
- Cut puff pastry into a circle 1½ times the size of the pan.
- Cover pan with pastry, tucking in around the edges.
- Bake for 20 min or until pastry is golden brown.
- Let cool, and while still warm, loosen edges, cover with a serving plate and flip.
- Serve while still warm with vanilla ice cream.