Originally published in the Today’s Parent December 2016 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Nutella Kiss Icebox CookiesBy Chatelaine
1 h 30 min
Kids can help roll dough balls, mark them with their thumbprints and lick up any leftover Nutella.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls and place on sheets 2 in. apart. Using your thumb, make a deep indent in the centre of each ball. Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven until golden, 12 min. Let cookies cool on sheets 1 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Pipe or spoon a dollop of Nutella in centre of each cookie. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.