Instant Apple Pie
A fast, foolproof alternative to the real thing.
- 5 apples , peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Butter a 9 in. (22 cm) pie pan and dump the apples in it. Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup (50 ml) sugar and the cinnamon.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Mix in the egg. Add the flour and baking powder and stir until fairly smooth. Drop this batter, by spoonfuls, over the apples.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 45 minutes, or until the apples are soft and the topping is cooked.
- There. Close enough, don’t you think?