Hot Fudge Pie
Look: There’s no pastry crust to make, and it all goes together in a single saucepan. So, what are you waiting for? You can do this.
, (3 oz)
1 1/4 cups
- Place the chocolate squares, broken in half, and the butter into a medium saucepan. If your kids are helping you, tell them not to bother tasting the chocolate. (Unsweetened chocolate is really awful.)
- Cook over very low heat, stirring just until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat immediately.
- Have your child stir the mixture with a whisk while you add the sugar, flour and vanilla. Mix until combined. Now beat in the eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth.
- Turn the batter into a greased 9 in.(22 cm) pie pan, and bake at 350°F (180°C) for 25 to 30 minutes, until just set in the middle, but not dry. It should remain fairly moist.
- Serve warm with ice cream and, oh, go ahead, a drizzle of chocolate sauce.