This article has not been rated yet.
A shameless excuse to eat candied cherries, these ultra-easy cookies really are unbeatable. Let older kids cut the cherries up with kitchen scissors while you stir the rest of the ingredients.
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup egg whites , (3 to 4)
- 2 cups walnuts , chopped
- 1 cup candied cherries , (red, green or some of each), chopped
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and egg whites. Stir together by hand or with an electric mixer until thoroughly blended and smooth. Add the walnuts and chopped cherries and mix well.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls (5 ml) onto a well-greased cookie sheet, leaving 2 in. (5 cm)between the cookies to allow for spreading. (And, believe me, they will spread.) Bake at 325°F (160°C) for 12 to 15 minutes – until the cookies begin to brown around the edges. Let stand for a few minutes before removing from the baking sheet – they’ll be soft at first, but firm up when they cool.