1 1/2 cups
, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine graham-cracker crumbs with sugar, salt and butter, and stir until crumbs are fully moistened.
- Pour into a 9-in. pie plate, and use your fingers or the back of a spoon to press evenly into bottom and up sides.
- Bake for 10 min or until crust is crisp. Set on a rack to cool.
- Combine jam and water in a pot over medium heat and stir until mixture comes just to a boil. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice and mix to combine. Let stand for 5 min or until it looks spongy, and then stir into warm jam mixture until dissolved. Add strawberries.
- Refrigerate, stirring periodically, for 1 hr or until mixture begins to gel. Spoon into baked pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hrs or until filling has fully set (it will no longer look liquidy). Serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 55 g,
- 10 g,
- 4 g,
- 148 mg.
You can’t always substitute frozen berries for fresh – when berries defrost, they become mushy and liquidy. The amount of gelatin in this recipe isn’t enough to hold them together.