Originally published in the Today’s Parent November/December 2018 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Crunchy maple-nut granolaBy Chatelaine
This granola is made with love and other tasty ingredients, too!
- 6 cups large-flake oats
- 2 cups chopped pecans , or walnuts
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup pepitas
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup , or honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruit , (cranberries, cherries or raisins)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
- Combine oats with pecans, coconut and pepitas in a large bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt. Stir oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a small bowl, then stir into oat mixture until well coated. Divide mixture between baking sheets and spread out evenly.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, stirring every 12 min and switching sheets halfway through, until light brown and toasted, 30 to 35 min. Transfer to a rack and let stand until cool. Toss with dried fruit. Granola keeps well in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition (per ¼ cup)
- 3 g,
- 14 g,
- 8 g,
- 2 g,
- 47 mg.