Originally published in the November + December 2017 issue. Photo by Craig Boyko.
Chocolate Peanut Butter BallsBy Chatelaine
1 h 45 min
This is the treat you make just because: because it’s delicious, because it’s easy, because it’s fun. And because why in the world wouldn’t you?
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp butter , at room temperature
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup chopped 70% dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp chopped salted, roasted peanuts or sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter and salt until combined. Stir in icing sugar until smooth. Chill 1 hr. Scoop out heaping 1 tsp portions and roll into balls. Place on a large plate and freeze until firm, at least 1 hr.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a small heat-safe bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water, stirring until liquid. Remove from heat and let cool, 5 to 10 min.
- Drop balls into chocolate and roll to coat. Remove with fork, tapping edge of bowl to shake off excess. Transfer to prepared sheet, then sprinkle with peanuts. Repeat with remaining balls and chocolate. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 15 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 8 g,
- 6 g,
- 1 g,
- 48 mg.