Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Chocolate hazelnut spread makes these cookies super simple to make, and super delicious too.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate hazelnut spread , divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- chopped hazelnuts , or sprinkles for decoration, if desired (and who wouldn't desire?)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line 2 cookie sheets with baker’s parchment paper.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat together 1 cup (250 mL) of the chocolate hazelnut spread and the eggs, just until smooth. (Reserve the remaining 1/2 cup/125 mL spread for later.)
- In a bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. Add to the chocolate mixture and beat until smooth — the dough will be fairly stiff. Place in the refrigerator and chill about 1 hour or until the dough can be handled easily. Roll the dough into 1 in (2 cm) balls and place on the prepared cookie sheet, leaving about 2 in (5 cm) between them. Using the bottom of a glass (or whatever else might be handy), press each ball down to form a disc about 1/4 in (0.5 cm) thick. (If the glass sticks, dip the bottom in granulated sugar before pressing.) Place in the oven and bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set but not browned. Remove to a rack and let cool completely.
- Frost cookies with the remaining chocolate hazelnut spread and decorate, if you want, with chopped nuts or sprinkles.