Apricot Almond Chicken
This article has not been rated yet.
A sweet take on poultry
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 60 g goat cheese , or blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup apricot chutney , or jam
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Using the tip of a sharp knife, cut a slit in one side of each chicken breast to create a pocket (about 4 in/10 cm long).
- In small bowl, combine half of the almonds with the cheese, apricot chutney and half the salt and pepper. Stuff each breast with one quarter of the almond mixture.
- In a shallow dish, combine remaining almonds with breadcrumbs, parsley and remaining salt and pepper. Dip each breast into the beaten egg, then dredge in crumb mixture to coat completely.
- In large oven-proof skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Cook chicken, turning, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to oven; bake until cooked through – about 15 minutes. Transfer to platter and serve warm with seasonal vegetables and roasted potatoes.