Make-ahead tip: Bake and freeze cookies in a sealed plastic bag for up to 2 months.
Almond Spritz KissesBy Today's Parent
This article has not been rated yet.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter , softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almond , to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, ground almonds and salt in a bowl and stir with a fork until uniform. Reserve.
- Stir butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla and almond extract. Add reserved flour mixture one-third at a time and beat until incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to a large piping bag with a ¾-in. star tip and pipe 1½-in.-diameter “kisses” onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press a sliced almond into top of each cookie. Bake for 13 to 15 min or until lightly golden. Let cool.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 12 g,
- 7 g,
- 0 g,
- 13 mg.