Over the top burger
This article has not been rated yet.
Mixing caramelized onions right into the beef is our new favourite flavour booster.
- HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add 1 tbsp oil, then onion and 1/4 tsp salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 12 to 15 min. Transfer to a plate to cool, about 20 min. Wipe pan clean with paper towels.
- STIR cooled onions into beef, just until combined. Divide mixture into 8 portions. Flatten each into a very thin patty. Sprinkle burgers with remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Season with fresh pepper.
- HEAT same frying pan over medium- high. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil, then 3 to 4 patties in batches. Cook until cooked through, 4 to 6 min per side. Top each patty with cheese.
- SPREAD buns with Chatelaine Sauce. Layer with patties, bacon, onion rings, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles.
- Grilling tip: To barbecue, preheat to medium-high and cook patties 2-3 min per side.
How to make 3-ingredient rhubarb ice cream
[brightcove id=’4939013603001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 71 g,
- 69 g,
- 80 g,
- 3 g,
- 2493 mg.