Originally published in the September 2010 issue. Photo by Jodi Pudge.
Lime-Marinated Steak with Zucchini
This article has not been rated yet.
Who doesn't love steak? Wrap leftovers in a tortilla with salsa and sour cream for a fast fajita lunch or next-day dinner.
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves , or 2 tsp dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 2 cloves garlic , finely minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lb flank steak , or top sirloin steak
- 2 large or 4 small zucchini
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Oil outdoor grill. Preheat barbecue to medium high. In a small bowl, stir lime juice with thyme, 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil, garlic, honey, and salt and pepper. Pour into a shallow dish that’s wide enough to hold your steak, and set aside.
- Slice zucchini into thick lengthwise slices. Drizzle with oil, then turn to coat. Sprinkle with nutmeg and pinches of salt.
- Sprinkle steak with pinches of salt and pepper. Barbecue on preheated grill, covered, for 4 minutes. Turn, then arrange zucchini slices on grill. Cover and barbecue steak 3 minutes more for medium-rare. Barbecue zucchini until grill marks form, about 3 minutes per side. When beef is cooked as you like, remove from grill and place in dish with the lime mixture. Turn to coat evenly. Loosely cover with foil and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice the beef and serve drizzled with lime mixture, alongside the grilled zucchini.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 9 g,
- 15 g,
- 2 g,