Originally published in the Today’s Parent July/August 2020 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Japanese hot dogBy Chatelaine
Crushed ramen noodles and strips of roasted seaweed make for a truly unique hot dog experience.
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 85-g pkg ramen noodles , crumbled (discard seasoning packet)
- 1 sheet nori (seaweed) , cut into small strips
- Combine ketchup, Worcestershire and soy sauce in a small zip-top bag.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium. Add ramen. Toast, stirring occasionally, until golden, 3 min.
- Cut a small piece off the corner of the bag. Drizzle ketchup mixture and mayonnaise over hot dogs. Top with ramen and nori strips.
- Recipe makes enough toppings for 8 hot dogs. We recommend barbecuing hot dogs for 5 to 10 min. (depending on size), until grill marks form and hot dogs are cooked through. Lightly toast buns on the grill, if desired. Serve hot.
Use scissors to cut the nori thinly.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 10 g,
- 12 g,
- 250 mg.