Asian Beef Skewers
This article has not been rated yet.
These Asian beef skewers are so easy to make and so delicious.
- 750 g beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp sherry
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp minced or finely grated fresh ginger
- With a very sharp knife, slice the flank steak across the grain into ¼ in. (0.5 cm) thick strips. Dump them into a zip-top plastic bag.In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sherry, green onions, garlic and ginger.
- Add to the bag with the steak strips. Squeeze as much of the air out of the bag as possible and zip the bag shut. Squish, by hand, to mix the marinade with the meat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- About 30 minutes before you want to begin cooking, soak bamboo skewers in warm water. Remove the meat from the marinade and loosely thread, zigzag fashion, onto the soaked skewers. (Don’t compress the meat on the skewer – it will cook more evenly if you allow more surface area to show.) Discard the marinade.
- Grill skewers on a preheated barbecue grill until cooked through, turning over once – about 3 minutes per side.