Grilled kofta pitasBy Chatelaine
6 to 8 servings
Craving a taste of the Mediterranean? Shake up your dinner routine with these quick and easy pitas stuffed with kofta, arugula and tzatziki.
- 450 g lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup prepared tzatziki
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsely
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 whole grain pitas with pockets , halved
- 1 tomato , sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber , sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula , or spinach
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Stir ground beef, tzatziki, parsley, mint, onion powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until combined. Shape into 8 5-in.-long sausage-shaped patties.
- Oil grill. Cook patties, lid closed, flipping once, 3 to 4 min per side.
- Grill pitas, turning once, until warmed through and grill marks form, about 2 min.
- To assemble, place 1 kofta, tomato, cucumber and arugula into each half.
Add 1 tbsp each prepared hummus and tzatziki to pita for extra flavour. Serve with hot sauce and pickles for the adults.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 23 g,
- 8 g,
- 3 g,
- 418 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12