Originally published in the October 2013 issue. Photo by Maya Visnyei.
Roasted Perch Fillets and Squash with Cilantro-Lime DrizzleBy Eshun Mott
A bright and flavourful sauce drizzled over simple roasted squash and perch will keep a range of palates happy.
- 1 small acorn squash , seeded and cut into 3/4-in.-thick wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice , divided
- 4 large perch fillets , (about 1 lb.), skin slashed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- pinch granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss squash with 1 tbsp olive oil, ¼ tsp salt and chili powder. Combine chili sauce and 1 tbsp lime juice and brush
overtop of fi sh fi llets on their sides. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt.
- Lay squash wedges on baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 min or until lightly browned on the bottom. Turn squash over and make room for prepared fish on one side of baking sheet.
- Roast 10 min longer or until squash is browned and tender, and white juices appear on fish. Remove from oven.
- Stir cilantro with remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp lime juice, zest and sugar in a bowl. Serve alongside fish and squash for drizzling overtop.
See any bones? Use a pair of clean tweezers or needle-nose pliers to easily remove bones from fish.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 23 g,
- 13 g,
- 11 g,
- 1 g,
- 566 mg.