This article has not been rated yet.
6 to 6 servings
Broil in the oven or grill on the barbecue (if you’re an intrepid all-season griller).
- 6 to 8 salmon fillets , (170 g each)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Place the salmon fillets in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Stir together the lemon juice, maple syrup and Worcestershire sauce and pour into the bag with the salmon. Seal tightly, squeezing out as much air as possible. Place in the refrigerator and let marinate for at least one hour (or all day).
- To broil: Preheat the oven broiler element (on high setting, if available) for about 5 minutes. Arrange fillets, skin side down (if they have skin), on a lightly greased baking sheet and place on an oven rack about 4 in. (10 cm) from the broiler element. Broil, without turning, for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish is lightly browned on top and flakes easily with a fork.
- To grill: Preheat the BBQ grill to medium heat. Oil a grill-top cooking thingy (one of those removable grilling racks makes it easier to turn the fillets over as they cook). Place on the grill, then arrange the salmon on the rack. Let cook over indirect or low heat, 5 minutes per side, turning once – until salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Don’t overcook – this dries out the fish.