Crispy cornmeal perchBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Amp up #FishFriday with this crunchy cornmeal-crusted perch. Best served with a yummy roasted red pepper dip and some cut veggies.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp smoked paprika , or chili powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 450 g perch fillets , patted dry
- 2 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 1 tub prepared roasted red pepper dip , (such as Summer Fresh)
- 4 market carrots , quartered lengthwise
- 4 mini cucumbers , quartered lengthwise
- 1 bell pepper , cut into strips
- 2 cups mixed vegetable chips , (optional)
- Stir cornmeal and paprika in a bowl. Whisk egg in another bowl.
- Sprinkle salt over perch. Dip in egg to coat both sides, then coat with cornmeal mixture, shaking off any excess. Place on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Cook fish in batches until golden, 1 to 2 min per side.
- Serve perch with dip, veggies, and vegetable chips (if using).
For crunchy fish sandwiches, spread mayo mixed with chopped gherkins on a halved dinner roll and fill with perch and vegetable chips.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 20 g,
- 12 g,
- 2 g,
- 763 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12