Recipe by Nargisse Benkabbou and excerpted from Casablanca: My Moroccan Food, published by Firefly Books Ltd. 2018. Photo by Matt Russell.
Chermoula Crumbled CodBy Today's Parent
This article has not been rated yet.
This recipe is perfect when you’re craving breaded fish but you still want to eat healthy. Bonus: While it looks fancy, you can whip it up in no time!
- 4 skinless cod fillets , about 5 oz each
- olive oil , for drizzling
- juice of 1 lemon
- lemon wedges , to serve
- 2 cups fresh white bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley , finely chopped
- handful of mint leaves , finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves , peeled and crushed
- finely grated lemon zest , about 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt , or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix all the ingredients for the chermoula crumb seasoning, adding salt if necessary.
- Place the cod fillets in a roasting pan, then drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Sprinkle the chermoula crumb mixture on top of the fillets.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes or until the fish is cooked and the crumb is golden. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Serve this with wilted greens and a dollop of mayonnaise or Greek yogurt.