Weeknight Sandwich Rehab
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Get a flavour-packed taste of summer with our stovetop "grilled" sandwiches.
- 1 carrot
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup low-fat ranch dressing , (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- Grate carrot. Using a sharp chef’s knife, slice each chicken breast horizontally, creating two thin scaloppine (place your free hand on top of the chicken to hold it steady while you slice parallel to cutting board).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan at medium-high heat. Sauté chicken breasts 3 min per side, until cooked through. Use a clean spoon to add barbecue sauce for basting (to avoid cross-contamination with raw chicken juices). Use a splatter shield over the frying pan to minimize mess.
- Spread dressing on hamburger buns (if desired), add chicken, and garnish with shredded carrot and sliced cucumbers.