This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
No lurking onion. No hidden green pepper. No invisible zucchini. It's ultrawhite, perfectly innocent and delicious.
- 1 375-g pkg broad egg noodles , (crinkly or twisted ones, if possible)
- 2 cups cottage cheese , (1% or 2%)
- 1 cup sour cream , (regular or low fat)
- 1 cup Parmesan , grated
- 1 tbsp chives , chopped (optional - green bits aaaagh!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook the noodles in plenty of boiling salted water until done, drain in a colander and dump into a large bowl. Add the cottage cheese, sour cream, ½ cup (125 mL) of the Parmesan cheese, the chives and the salt and pepper. Have your child stir until everything is thoroughly mixed together.
- Scoop noodle mixture into a greased 9 in. (22 cm) square baking dish (or a casserole of similar size). Sprinkle the top with the remaining ½ cup (125 mL) Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 30 to 35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.