Tuna Melt Pita Pizzas
Pita pizzas are fun, easy, and delicious for both kids and adults. This tuna melt version is the best!
- 1 170 g can solid white tuna , in water, drained
- 1 cup canned chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green onion , finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix tuna, chickpeas, mayonnaise, olive oil, ½ of the green onion and all of the pepper.
- Place the pitas on the baking sheet. Divide spinach among the pitas, then spread the tuna mixture overtop.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of each pita and bake until cheese has melted, 8 to 10 min.
- Cut each pita into wedges and garnish with remaining green onions.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 59 g,
- 14 g,
- 9 g,
- 781 mg.