- 1/2 cup (125 mL) smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2-1 tsp (2-5 mL) red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/3-1/2 cup (75–125 mL) hot water
- 1 lb (454 g) flat rice stick noodles
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 6 cups (1.5 L) mixed greens, such as bok choy and spinach, well washed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- lime wedges for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, cilantro, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt. Add the hot water gradually, continuing to whisk until the sauce smoothes out and becomes a pourable consistency. Set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan over medium high. Add the greens to the pan with about 1 tbsp (15 mL) water. Cook, stirring, until they just begin to wilt, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain noodles and run under cold water to stop cooking and prevent sticking. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss with about 3⁄4 of the peanut sauce.
- Divide noodles among bowls, top with greens and drizzle with some of the reserved peanut sauce. Garnish with peanuts and lime wedges. Serve at room temperature.
- Makes 8 servings.
- In a serving: 423 calories, 9 g protein, 18 g fat, 58 g carbs, 4 g dietary fibre, 57 mcg folate, 63 mg magnesium, 2 mg iron, 2 mg zinc