This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Here’s a quick main course for when you feel your cholesterol level is getting dangerously low.
- 4 eggs , beaten
- 1 cup Parmesan , grated (go for the good stuff)
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 12 slices uncooked bacon , chopped into little pieces
- 1 tsp hot-pepper flakes , (optional, but good)
- 500 g spaghetti
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, Parmesan cheese and cream. Set aside. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the spaghetti and let it cook as usual. While the spaghetti is cooking, fry the bacon in a skillet with the red pepper flakes (if you’re using them) until crisp. Drain off the bacon fat (I mean, we mustn’t go overboard).
- When the spaghetti is done (have your child throw a strand against the wall, and if it sticks, it’s ready) drain it in a colander, but don’t rinse it. Dump the hot spaghetti into a large bowl and immediately toss it with the egg mixture and the cooked bacon. Stir it all together well. I promise you, this is not disgusting. The heat of the spaghetti will cook the eggs, and the whole thing combines into a delicious, creamy sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.