Quick-and-Easy Chicken Curry
This article has not been rated yet.
This tasty dish can be thrown together with whatever you have on hand, and easily adapts to your family's tastes.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 stalk celery , chopped
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon powder , (or 1 cube, crumbled)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups canned, flaked chicken , (or diced leftover chicken)
- 1 cup peas , (canned or frozen), drained
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring, about 5 min, until just tender.
- Stir in the flour and curry powder, and sprinkle or crumble in bouillon; cook for 2-3 min. Measure in milk and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil and thickens. Add chicken and peas, and cook until heated through.
This super-fast curry can be served over rice, couscous or noodles. You can also set out small bowls of coconut, raisins and peanuts for toppings. Not a family of pea-lovers? Or looking for more curry flavour? Adjust the ingredients and seasonings to suit your tastes.