Sheet Pan Steak and PotatoesBy Chatelaine
You've heard of one-pot meals, sheet pan dinners are the next big thing. Your steak and potatoes are done and tender in one fell swoop.
- 12 large mini potatoes , halved
- 2 carrots , peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large parsnip , peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp canola oil , divided
- ¾ tsp salt , divided
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 springs of thyme , or 3 rosemary springs
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 small flank steak , (about 600 g)
- chopped fresh parsley , optional
- Preheat oven to 425F and spray a rimmed baking sheet with oil.
- Stir potatoes, carrots, parsnip, 1 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper on the baking sheet. Add thyme and toss to combine. Spread evenly and roast for 15 min.
- In a small bowl, stir together garlic, tomato paste, remaining 1 tbsp oil, remaining 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Spread mixture all over flank steak. Push vegetables to one side of the sheet and place steak on other half. Roast, flipping steak after 10 min. Cook until medium-well done, 18 to 22 min. Let steak stand 5 min before slicing thinly across the grain. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and parsley, if using.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 56 g,
- 43 g,
- 22 g,
- 6 g,
- 577 mg.
- Good source of
- vitamin A