Mushroom grain bowl
This article has not been rated yet.
- 500 g mixed mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil , divided
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 1/2 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 3/4 cup red and white quinoa , rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 142-g pkg baby spinach , 6 cups
- 540-mL can lentils , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup toasted skinned hazelnuts , chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- PREHEAT oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- TOSS mushrooms with 3 tbsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt on prepared baking sheet. Roast until mushrooms are tender, 20 min.
- HEAT remaining 1 tbsp oil in a pot over medium. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring until onion is tender, about 5 min. Stir in quinoa, water and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 15 min. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 min.
- TRANSFER to a large bowl; toss with spinach and roasted mushrooms. Stir in lentils, hazelnuts, goat cheese and vinegar.
Chatelaine Quickies: Mushroom Grain Bowl
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24 g,
- 53 g,
- 31 g,
- 12 g,
- 794 mg.