Miso couscous tofu bowl
This article has not been rated yet.
During the dog days of summer, when it’s too hot to move, let alone turn on the oven, these genius recipes will save supper.
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup couscous
- 3 tbsp miso paste , preferably white
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 350 g extra-firm tofu
- 4 cups mixed greens , thinly sliced
- 1 avocado
- 2 medium carrots , grated
- 1 cup basil or mint leaves
- black sesame seeds , (optional)
- POUR boiling water from a kettle over couscous in a large bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel and let stand for 5 min. Fluff with a fork.
- WHISK miso with maple syrup, vinegar and sesame seeds in a bowl. Reserve 1/3 cup. Slice tofu into 16 strips, then stir into remaining dressing until well coated. Toss mixed greens and couscous with reserved dressing in a large bowl. Divide among 4 wide bowls. Top with tofu, avocado and carrots. Sprinkle with basil and black sesame seeds.
How to cook with soft, medium and extra firm tofu
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 54 g,
- 16 g,
- 8 g,
- 550 mg.