Lemon Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
This one-pot dish goes together in a minute and is guaranteed to torture your campground neighbours with its delicious aroma as they cook up their pathetic dehydrated noodle mix.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 600 g skinless, boneless chicken breasts , cut into 1-in. chunks (about 4 breasts)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 kg new potatoes , cut into wedges (don't peel)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced (or more, if you prefer)
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano , crumbled
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice , (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Pour about half of the olive oil into a large skillet or Dutch oven and place over high heat. Add the chicken breast chunks, sprinkle with some of the salt and pepper, and cook quickly until slightly browned (it won’t be fully cooked). Remove chicken from pan, leaving as much oil as possible.
- Pour the rest of the olive oil into the pan and return to high heat. Add the potatoes, carrots, garlic and oregano and cook, stirring, for 2 or 3 minutes. Now add the chicken broth, lemon juice and sprinkle in the flour, stirring until blended. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover the pan and lower the heat to medium (or move the pan a bit to the side of the fire). Let cook for about 15 minutes. Add the browned chicken chunks, adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper, if necessary, and continue to cook, covered, for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender.