Lemon Dijon Baked Chicken Breasts
This article has not been rated yet.
Let the chicken marinate in a plastic bag in the fridge overnight and you've got yourself an almost instant main dish the next day.
- 8 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil , or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion , quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- With a fork, stab the chicken breasts all over so the marinade can penetrate easily. Place the perforated chicken in a zip-top plastic bag.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the lemon juice, oil, onion, garlic, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add the marinade mixture to the chicken in the bag, press out as much air as possible, and zip shut. Squish by hand to make sure the marinade covers all the chicken pieces evenly, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray a large baking pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. (The pan should be large enough to accommodate all the pieces without overlapping.)
- Arrange the chicken breasts in the pan in a single layer. Pour the marinade evenly over everything and bake for 15 minutes. Turn chicken breasts over, basting with the sauce in the pan, and continue to cook for 15 minutes longer. Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.