Japanese shrimp and cabbage okonomiyaki
* PLUS Cooking time: 12 minutes
, (1/2 small head)
, diced (about 1 3/4 cups)
FOR DIPPING SAUCE:
1 1/2 tsp
Asian chili sauce
- Place cabbage in a colander, sprinkle with salt and toss to combine. Let stand 10 min or until cabbage softens slightly.
- Place flour and cornstarch in a bowl and stir to combine. Reserve.
- Beat eggs with soy sauce and sesame oil. Whisk egg mixture into flour mixture, and fold in cabbage, shrimp and green onions.
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low. Scoop about ¼ of combined mixture into frying pan to make a pancake roughly 6 in. in diameter. Cover pan with a lid and fry for 2 min, or until golden on the bottom and shrimp are mostly pink. Flip pancake and fry covered for 1 to 2 min longer, or until pancake is golden and cooked though. Keep warm in the oven and fry remaining 3 pancakes, adding extra oil to pan as needed. Whisk together mayonnaise, Worcestershire and chili sauce and reserve. Cut pancakes into wedges, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with dipping sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 20 g,
- 37 g,
- 2 g,
- 706 mg.