Honey Mustard Chicken Skewers
This article has not been rated yet.
A high-sugar basting sauce like honey mustard burns easily on the grill. Here's a novel solution that eliminates unwanted charring, but keeps kids' taste buds happy.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts , (750 g)
- 1/2 fresh pineapple , peeled and cored
- 2 red sweet peppers
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- Slice chicken into 1/2 in. (1 cm) cubes (8 pieces per breast). Slice pineapple in half horizontally, to create 2 rings. Slice each ring into 12 pieces. Slice red bell peppers into 1 in. (2.5 cm) cubes to make 24 pieces.
- Thread 8 bamboo skewers with chicken, red pepper and pineapple (4 pieces of chicken, but just 3 pieces each of pineapple and red pepper per skewer). Arrange on a wax-paper-lined tray.
- Baste skewers with Dijon mustard and season with ground black pepper.
- Place honey in a small pot and heat gently on stovetop (or barbecue element) until it is runny and liquid. Grill skewers on medium high for 7 to 8 minutes per side or until a thermometer placed into the chicken reads 170°F (77°C). Using a clean basting brush, baste skewers with hot honey and serve.