Frittata with Ricotta, Roasted Red Peppers, Baby Spinach and Herbs
The ricotta keeps this veggie-filled frittata moist. It's the perfect meal that comes together in just 30 little minutes.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chives , chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup white onion , chopped
- 1 cup roasted red pepper , chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach , lightly packed
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1/3 cup white cheddar , grated
- Preheat oven to 425F. Beat eggs with salt, pepper and chives. Set aside.
- Heat an 8 to 10 inch ovenproof nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add butter and swirl until melted. Add onion and saute 4 minutes or until soft and lightly golden.
- Add roasted red peppers and spinach; saute 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Add ricotta and stir to combine. Add egg mixture and stir slightly to distribute eggs and vegetables evenly. Sprinkle cheddar overtop. Let cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes or until bottom of frittata has set.
- Transfer frittata to oven and bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until frittata is set and slightly puffed at the edges. Turn on broiler and broil 1 to 2 minutes or until top is puffed and golden. Run a spatula around the edge of the pan to loosen and either transfer to a plate or serve directly from pan. Cut into wedges; serve with crusty bread.
The ricotta helps make this frittata moist, but it can be omitted if you prefer.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 18 g,
- 9 g,
- 18 g,
- 673 mg.