Originally published in the August 2010 issue. Photo by Vincent Noguchi.
Easy Barbecue Chicken Wings
This article has not been rated yet.
Who can resist chicken wings? Our sauce has apple butter, which adds a nice hint of sweetness to the sauce that kids adore.
- 1 pkg fresh split chicken wings , with tips removed, about 2 lb
- 2 tsp chopped oregano , or 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp chopped thyme leaves , or 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 large clove garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- In a large foil or metal baking pan, combine wings with oregano, thyme and garlic. Cover with foil and place on grill over medium high or bake in a preheated 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 minutes, turning halfway through, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together apple butter, barbecue sauce and stock. Place wings on greased grill over medium heat; grill, basting with sauce and turning, for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Cooking the wings before you grill them gets rid of some of the fat and ensures the wings are cooked through without turning into little bits of charcoal.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 14 g,
- 7 g,
- 10 g,