Crustless Veggie Pie
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Vary the veggies, change the cheese, switch the seasoning - have your way with this and make it your very own. Just keep the total amounts the same so that it bakes properly.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 small red or green sweet pepper , chopped
- 2 cups chopped frozen broccoli , (or lightly steamed fresh)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup biscuit mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano , crumbled
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta , (or shredded sharp cheddar cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 9 in. or 10 in. (23 or 25 cm) pie pan.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and pepper, and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened. Add the chopped broccoli and continue to cook for another minute or two. (If the broccoli is still frozen, let thaw and cook for another two minutes after that.) Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with the biscuit mix until smooth. Stir in the milk, salt, oregano and pepper. Add the egg mixture to the vegetable mixture and mix until combined. Stir in the feta cheese. Pour the whole mess into the prepared pie pan. Place on the lowest oven rack and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle of the pan comes out clean. Remove from oven and let set for about 5 minutes before cutting.