Crispy Crumby Baked Fish
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
This is just about the most kid-friendly fish dish I know. I like to make it with tilapia - a mild flavoured fish that's inexpensive and easy to find.
- 1 cup bread crumbs , (coarse homemade are best)
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 750 g mild white fish fillets , (sole, cod, haddock or tilapia)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise , (regular or low fat)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Spread on a plate or on a sheet of waxed paper.
- With a pastry brush, paint the fish fillets on both sides with mayonnaise, then place in the crumbs, turning over and patting so the crumbs completely coat the fish. Arrange fillets in a baking dish that can accommodate all of the pieces without overlapping. Sprinkle all the remaining crumbs – there will be some – over the top of the fillets in the baking dish. Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when you poke a fork into the thickest part.