Recipe by Eshun Mott.
Creamy Chicken Curry
You and the kids will all love this quick and easy creamy chicken curry.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cut into 1-in. cubes
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- pinch black pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp mild or medium curry paste
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Season chicken with ¼ tsp salt, and pepper to taste.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high.
- Add canola oil, and carefully tilt pan to coat. Working in batches, add chicken and fry for 2 to 3 min or until golden and almost cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add red onion and sauté for 2 min or until softened and lightly golden. Add curry paste and sauté for 1 min or until fragrant. Add whipping cream, maple syrup, tomatoes and spinach and stir to incorporate.
- Bring to a boil, add chicken and cook for 1 to 2 min or until flavours are incorporated and chicken is cooked through. Stir in lemon juice and season with remaining ½ tsp salt. Serve with naan or steamed rice.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 10 g,
- 33 g,
- 2 g,
- 712 mg.