Creamy, Cheesy Shrimp
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 450-g bag frozen, peeled raw shrimps
- Parmesan , for grating
- 1 370-mL can evaporated milk
- 1 375-g pkg whole wheat spaghetti , or linguine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Empty frozen shrimp into a large bowl and cover with tepid water to defrost. Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Grate 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) Parmesan cheese.
- Pour evaporated milk into a medium pot and allow it to reduce for 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan at high. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add all the shrimp and cook, stirring, until just pink, about 2 minutes. Whisk Parmesan into reduced evaporated milk then pour this sauce into the frying pan with shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Keep warm at lowest heat.
- Add drained pasta to cream sauce and toss to combine. Grate more Parmesan, sprinkle overtop and serve.