Originally published in the September 2010 issue. Photo by Jodi Pudge.
Chicken Salad with Lemon VinaigretteBy Today's Parent
This article has not been rated yet.
This quick, no-cook meal is simple but hearty. The tangy herb dressing also tastes great with any other of your favourite salad combos.
- 2 tbsp - 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp granulated sugar , or honey
- generous pinches ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill , optional
- 1 rotisserie chicken , or 3/4 cups chopped leftover cooked chicken
- 4 plum tomatoes , or 3 regular tomato
- 175 g container feta cheese
- 142 g pkg prewashed arugula , baby spinach or chopped romaine lettuce (about 8 cups)
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice with sugar and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until evenly combined. Stir in dill, if using. (You can make this dressing up to 4 days ahead.)
- Remove and discard skin from chicken, if you wish. Then remove meat and tear or cut into bite-sized pieces. Slice tomatoes into wedges. Drain feta, then break into small chunks.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with arugula and toss. Serve drizzled with the dressing.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 41 g,
- 8 g,
- 35 g,
- 1 g,