Chicken in Mushroom Wine Sauce
This article has not been rated yet.
Terrific for entertaining, prepare this dish ahead of time, and put it in the oven while you're munching on your appetizers.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 250 g mushrooms , thickly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups white wine , or chicken broth (or a mixture)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse and dry the chicken breasts. Pour the melted butter into a small bowl and stir together the flour, salt and pepper in another bowl. Now you’re ready to go. Dip each chicken breast into the melted butter, then roll in the flour mixture until thoroughly coated. Place in a 9 x 13 in. (22 x 33 cm) baking dish. Add the sliced mushrooms, tucking them in around the chicken pieces, and sprinkle the whole business with the Parmesan cheese. Pour the wine (or wine-broth mixture) around the chicken pieces.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, basting the chicken pieces and mushrooms once or twice during the cooking time with the liquid in the pan. The chicken should be cooked through and the sauce should be thickened and bubbly.
- Serve with plain cooked rice and noodles on the side to soak up the delicious sauce.