Originally published in the Today’s Parent September/October 2019 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Chicken cutlets and roasted asparagus sheet panBy Eshun Mott
Jazz up your chicken with a crispy panko crust and a side of crunchy asparagus. The best part: you can make it all on one pan!
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 1 cup panko bread crumb
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets , (or thinly sliced butterflied breasts)
- 1 lb asparagus , tough ends removed
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- lemon wedges , for serving
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, garlic and 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl.
- Using your hands, mix panko, Parmesan and 2 tbsp olive oil on a plate.
- Add chicken to mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat. Dredge each piece in panko mixture and pat to coat. Place chicken on one half of lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake for 10 min.
- Toss asparagus with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and season with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from oven, flip chicken, and add asparagus to the other half of pan. Bake for 10 min, or until chicken is cooked through and lightly golden and asparagus is tender. Serve with parsley and lemon wedges.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 44 g,
- 13 g,
- 18 g,
- 2 g,
- 566 mg.
- Excellent source of