Buffalo-Style Roast Chicken
This article has not been rated yet.
This riff on classic chicken wings takes just a few minutes to get in the oven - and it's much healthier than the pub-grub option. If your gang likes it spicy, add more Tabasco sauce.
- 3 tbsp butter , melted
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp Tobasco sauce
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 bunch celery , cut into sticks
- 8 carrots , cut into sticks
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup ranch dressing , or blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Stir butter with barbecue sauce and Tabasco. Place chicken in a greased 2.5 L baking dish. Rub mixture over entire surface.
- Roast in the centre of preheated oven until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of thigh (without touching bone) reads 180°F (71°C), about 1 hour.
- If chicken appears to be browning too quickly, loosely cover with foil for remainder of cooking time.
- When cooked through, let stand, loosely covered, 10 minutes before carving. Serve with celery and carrot sticks, along with dressing for dipping.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 23 g,
- 24 g,
- 1 mg.