Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Bean Chili
6 to 6 servings
This one tastes like earwax! Jared says, picking out a kidney bean. Personally, I think it tastes like chili.
- 500 g lean ground beef , (or turkey or chicken)
- 2 onions , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , squished
- 1 796-mL can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper , (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 540-mL cans mixed beans , drained
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the beef with the onions and garlic and cook (stirring to break up the clumps) over medium-high heat until the meat is no longer pink. Add the canned tomatoes (with juice), chili powder, cumin, curry powder and cayenne (if you’re using it) and simmer for about 30 minutes. Add the beans and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the chili is thick.
- Sprinkle with cheese or serve plain with Magical Pumpkin Muffins.