Apricot Almond Chicken
This article has not been rated yet.
The sweet flavours of this dish really pop. Try serving it over a bed of rice.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 60 g goat cheese , or blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup apricot chutney , or jam
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp butter
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Using the tip of a sharp knife, cut a slit about 4 in (10 cm) long in 1 side of each chicken breast to create a pocket.
- In small bowl, combine half of the almonds with the cheese, apricot chutney and half the salt and pepper. Stuff each breast with a quarter of the almond mixture.
- In a shallow dish, combine remaining almonds with bread crumbs, parsley and remaining salt and pepper. Dip each breast into the beaten egg, then dredge in crumb mixture to coat completely.
- In large ovenproof skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Cook chicken until golden, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to oven; bake until cooked through – about 15 minutes. Transfer to platter and serve warm with seasonal vegetables and roasted potatoes.
- Makes 4 servings.