Angel Hair Pasta with Broccoli and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This article has not been rated yet.
All moms love pasta. Broccoli too. It's a biological thing.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves , squished
- 2 cups diced tomatoes , fresh or canned
- 3/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes , drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup basil , chopped (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bunch broccoli , (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts , (optional)
- black pepper
- 500 g angel hair , or other pasta (like spaghetti or linguine)
- grated Parmesan cheese , for sprinkling
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil on medium-low. Add the garlic and cook gently for about 5 minutes, until just beginning to turn golden. Add the diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and basil. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth and the broccoli florets and cook for another 5 minutes, until the broccoli turns bright green and is crisp but tender. Add the pine nuts and season to taste with salt and pepper. (You can make the sauce a little ahead of time and reheat it when you cook the pasta.)
- When you’re ready to eat, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until tender but not mushy. Drain well. Toss sauce with hot pasta and serve immediately, with some Parmesan cheese for sprinkling.