Originally published in the Today’s Parent May + June 2017 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Melon-Ginger LimeadeBy Chatelaine
1 h 10 min
Swig on this slushy-sweet limeade drink. It's perfect for summer barbecues and the kids will love helping to whirl it up in the food processor.
- 5 cups coarsely chopped seedless watermelon , preferably chilled
- ½ cup frozen limeade , from concentrate
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- Place watermelon in a blender or food processor. Add limeade and whirl until smooth. Place chopped ginger in a garlic press. Squeeze to extract about 2 tsp juice (don’t press ginger all the way through). Add ginger juice to blender and whirl until evenly mixed.
- Pour into a large pitcher. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hr or up to 1 day.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 17 g,
- 1 g,