Frothy Hot Mochaccino
This frothy hot mochaccino is perfect for a winter's morning.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp instant coffee , (decaffeinated is fine)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk , (or 10% cream)
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the cocoa powder, sugar, instant coffee and vanilla. Add the water, and stir until it’s smooth and lump-free. Now pour in the milk and the evaporated milk, whisk until smooth, and heat over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it’s hot – but don’t let it boil.
- Now for the frothy part. Working with about half of the hot chocolate at a time, pour into a blender and blend until it’s foamy. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. Be careful not to overfill the blender – this stuff seems to expand when you whip it.