This recipe has been contributed by the stars of the “The Cupcake Girls.” Follow them on Facebook.
This sweet and simple vanilla cupcakes recipe is exactly what you need for birthday parties, baby showers, snack-time... the possibilities are endless.
- 1 cup unsatled butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 6 egg whites
- Cream the butter until light. Slowly add sugar and let mixture cream while you measure all the remaining ingredients, about 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla and beat until light.
- Alternately add buttermilk and dry ingredients, beginning and ending with dry. Once everything is added, beat the batter on medium low speed until light.
- Whip egg whites to firm peaks. Fold in to the batter.
- Spray pans well and line with muffin papers. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.